We exist to make beauty better, creating products with unique missions that abide by these five principles:
Promise – only making products that do what they say. No false promises here.
Nature – bringing the best of science and nature together (they are not enemies).
Make – developing all products in-house. We are not simply a marketing company.
You – creating tailored beauty products that fit into modern lifestyles.
Happy – using openness and high-tech tools to keep customers informed and happy.
As a Senior Formulation Scientist, you will be responsible for upholding these values within product development, managing formulation development from conception through to launch in the market.
We are looking for people who not only are problem solvers, but they ensure that everything we do enables us to deliver on our business promises of expertise and innovation while working together as one team and having some fun along the way!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develops high-level formulas for personal care applications based on marketing specification and best solutions.
- Sources and tests raw materials offering a professional judgement with the aim to evaluate and develop new products and technologies.
- Provides technical leadership in the team and serves as an expert in-house adviser on key scientific discipline areas and optimum blending procedures.
- Collaborates with external parties during defined projects and proactively in order to maximise potential opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant degree or PhD (biochemistry, formulation science) and ideally advanced expertise in analytical chemistry.
- Have 6+ years experience within the formulation and development of cosmetic products.
- Deeply understand the needs and sensory preferences of different skin types and demographics.
- Advanced expertise in sunscreen formulation is an advantage.
- Advanced expertise in vitamin C and vitamin A formulation and biochemistry is an advantage.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
|Min. Experience Required||6 years|